Re: Error on failed COMMIT - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dave Cramer
Subject Re: Error on failed COMMIT
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 25 Mar 2021 at 12:04, David Steele <david@pgmasters.net> wrote:
On 1/26/21 1:02 PM, Dave Cramer wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Jan 2021 at 12:46, Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at
> <mailto:laurenz.albe@cybertec.at>> wrote:
>
>     I see your point from the view of the JDBC driver.
>
>     It just feels hacky - somewhat similar to what you say
>     above: don't go through the normal transaction rollback steps,
>     but issue an error message.
>
>     At least we should fake it well...
>
> OK, let me look into how we deal with COMMIT and CHAIN.
>
> I can see some real issues with this as Vik pointed out.

Test are failing on the cfbot for this patch and it looks like a new
patch is needed from Dave, at the least, so marking Waiting on Author.

Should we be considering this patch Returned with Feedback instead?

Not sure, at this point the impetus for this is not getting a lot of traction.
Honestly I think the approach I took is too simple and I don't have the inclination at the moment to
rewrite it.

Dave Cramer
www.postgres.rocks
Regards,