Re: Error on failed COMMIT - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Steele
Subject Re: Error on failed COMMIT
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 1/26/21 1:02 PM, Dave Cramer wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Jan 2021 at 12:46, Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at
> <mailto:laurenz.albe@cybertec.at>> wrote:
>
>     I see your point from the view of the JDBC driver.
>
>     It just feels hacky - somewhat similar to what you say
>     above: don't go through the normal transaction rollback steps,
>     but issue an error message.
>
>     At least we should fake it well...
>
> OK, let me look into how we deal with COMMIT and CHAIN.
>
> I can see some real issues with this as Vik pointed out.

Test are failing on the cfbot for this patch and it looks like a new
patch is needed from Dave, at the least, so marking Waiting on Author.

Should we be considering this patch Returned with Feedback instead?

Regards,
--
-David
david@pgmasters.net