Re: [BUGS] [HACKERS] Two phase commit in ECPG - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Masahiko Sawada
Subject Re: [BUGS] [HACKERS] Two phase commit in ECPG
Date
Re: [BUGS] [HACKERS] Two phase commit in ECPG  (Michael Meskes <meskes@postgresql.org>)
List pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 12:17 PM, Kuntal Ghosh
<kuntalghosh.2007@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 1:35 AM, Michael Meskes <meskes@postgresql.org> wrote:
>>> Previous 002 patch lacked to add describing PREPARE TRANSACTION.
>>> Attached updated 002 patch.
>>
>> I just committed both patches and a backport of the bug fix itself.
>> Thanks again for finding and fixing.
> Regression tests for sql/twophase is failing while performing the test
> with make installcheck.
> + [NO_PID]: ecpg_check_PQresult on line 32: bad response - ERROR:
> prepared transactions are disabled
> + HINT:  Set max_prepared_transactions to a nonzero value.
>
> Setting max_prepared_transactions accordingly fixes the issue. But,
> I'm not sure whether this test should be performed by installcheck by
> default or should only be performed by make
> installcheck-prepared-txns.

Thank you for pointing out.
Yeah, I agree that the twophase regression test should not be
performed by default as long as the default value of
max_prepared_transactions is 0. Similar to this, the isolation check
regression test does same thing. Attached patch removes sql/twophase
from schedule file and add new type of regression test.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada
NTT Open Source Software Center