Re: [HACKERS] [PostgreSQL 10] default of hot_standby should be "on"? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Masahiko Sawada
Subject Re: [HACKERS] [PostgreSQL 10] default of hot_standby should be "on"?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 1:58 PM, Huong Dangminh
<huo-dangminh@ys.jp.nec.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 11:48 AM, Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Thank you for updating the patch. Also maybe we can update line in
>> > PostgresNode.pm where hot_standby is set to on explicitly.
>>
>> I would refrain from doing that, having some parameters listed in the
>> tests makes the intention behind those perl routines clear.

Hmm, you've got a point. But when we changed the default values
related to replication we dropped some explicitly settings from the
regression test code.

> Thanks, attached patch update PostgresNode.pm file.
> I also did the regression test and found no problem.

Looks good to me.

> # sorry Sawada-san, Michael-san, because of security restriction
> # we could not mail to gmail address from our environment.

No problem!