Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Inline initial comparisons in TestForOldSnapshot() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Inline initial comparisons in TestForOldSnapshot()
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 11:58 AM, Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 9:58 AM, Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 8:47 AM, Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@postgresql.org> wrote:
>>> Inline initial comparisons in TestForOldSnapshot()
>>
>> This seems to have broken Windows builds.  Is there something
>> special that needs to be done if a function referenced from a
>> contrib module changes to an inline function?
>
> I've attempted to fix this by adding an include to blscan.c so that
> it can find old_snapshot_threshold.  The fact that this was only
> failing in a contrib module on Windows builds has me suspicious
> that there is some other way this would be better fixed, but I have
> no clue what that would be.  We'll see whether this brings things
> green again.

No joy with that shot in the dark.

Should I add PGDLLEXPORT to the declaration of
old_snapshot_threshold.  That doesn't seem to be documented
anywhere, or have any useful comments; but it looks like it *might*
be the arcane incantation needed here.

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com