Testing an extension against multiple versions of Postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rhys A.D. Stewart
Subject Testing an extension against multiple versions of Postgresql
Date
List pgsql-general
Greetings All,

I have both postgresql versions 10 and 11 installed on my box. I'm working on an extension and just realized that 'make install' installs the extension to the 11 server, but 'make installcheck' runs against the 10 server (I had previously installed the extension there).

Running psql without specifying a host or port connects me to the 10 server, so I suspect that both make installcheck and psql are doing similar things with respect to connecting to a default server.

So the questions are:
Can I have make install & make installcheck run against multiple versions at the same time or how do I tell the installcheck to run against the 11 server.

Thanks.

Rhys
Peace & Love | Live Long & Prosper