Re: custom function for converting human readable sizes to bytes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Shulgin, Oleksandr
Subject Re: custom function for converting human readable sizes to bytes
Date
Re: custom function for converting human readable sizes to bytes  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jan 4, 2016 at 4:51 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Jan 4, 2016 at 10:17 AM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
> [ new patch ]

+         case '-':
+             ereport(ERROR,
+                     (errcode(ERRCODE_INVALID_PARAMETER_VALUE),
+                      errmsg("size cannot be negative")));

Why not?  I bet if you copy any - sign to the buffer, this will Just Work.

I'm also inclined on dropping that explicit check for empty string below and let numeric_in() error out on that.  Does this look OK, or can it confuse someone:

postgres=# select pg_size_bytes('');
ERROR:  invalid input syntax for type numeric: ""

?

+         if ( conv->base_unit == GUC_UNIT_KB &&

Between "(" and "conv->..." I believe.

---
Alex