Re: CFLAGS and configure options - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-yum

From Martín Marqués
Subject Re: CFLAGS and configure options
Date
List pgsql-pkg-yum
Hi Pavel,

> I'm not the correct person to answer why it is like that (the %beta part
> of *spec file is quite old).  But at least in Fedora/RHEL we build with
> debugging information by default (we are passing the -g option to gcc via
> CFLAGS).  This may be pretty likely historic leftover nobody cared of
> until now.

Yes, that's correct, it is using -g in CFLAGS, just got curious when I
compared configure options with the debian build.

> As a workaround, you may use 'export CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -g"' before you'll
> rpmbuild, or so.

I'm actually adding -fno-omit-frame-pointer to CFLAGS so in case we
need it, we can get hierarchical perf reports without having to
recompile/install/restart.

Cheers,

--
Martín Marqués http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/