Re: Has Pg 9.1.0 been released today? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Has Pg 9.1.0 been released today?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 10:50, Gavin Flower
<GavinFlower@archidevsys.co.nz> wrote:
> On 12/09/11 20:44, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 10:40, Gavin Flower
>> <GavinFlower@archidevsys.co.nz>  wrote:

>>> Then how come was put on the download page over 24 hours ago?
>>
>> We always put the files up on the ftpsite some time ahead to make sure
>> it hits all the mirrors. It's not officially released (and guaranteed)
>> until you see the announcement.
>>
> So there is a probability (presumably very small) that the source may change
> - if a significant problem is discoved late in the process, but one that can
> be quickly fixed?

Yes.

> More interesting: how likely is the source to change, and what are the
> general guidelines associated with such a change?

It has happened once or twice in the past, but very seldom. What
happens is the version is removed again, a fix is applied, and a
re-release is done with a new version number.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/