Re: Has Pg 9.1.0 been released today? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Has Pg 9.1.0 been released today?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 10:40, Gavin Flower
<GavinFlower@archidevsys.co.nz> wrote:
> On 12/09/11 20:31, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 10:10, Toby Corkindale
>> <toby.corkindale@strategicdata.com.au>  wrote:
>>>
>>> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/release-9-1.html
>>> contains the line:
>>> "Release Date: 2011-09-12"
>>>
>>> *bounces excitedly*
>>>
>>> Has the release candidate gone final today?
>>
>> Not yet. But we are planning to put it out, and we need to load the
>> website documentation ahead of time.
>>
> Then how come was put on the download page over 24 hours ago?

We always put the files up on the ftpsite some time ahead to make sure
it hits all the mirrors. It's not officially released (and guaranteed)
until you see the announcement.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/