Re: Has Pg 9.1.0 been released today? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gavin Flower
Subject Re: Has Pg 9.1.0 been released today?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 12/09/11 20:44, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 10:40, Gavin Flower
> <GavinFlower@archidevsys.co.nz>  wrote:
>> On 12/09/11 20:31, Magnus Hagander wrote:

>>> Not yet. But we are planning to put it out, and we need to load the
>>> website documentation ahead of time.
>>>
>> Then how come was put on the download page over 24 hours ago?
> We always put the files up on the ftpsite some time ahead to make sure
> it hits all the mirrors. It's not officially released (and guaranteed)
> until you see the announcement.

So there is a probability (presumably very small) that the source may
change - if a significant problem is discoved late in the process, but
one that can be quickly fixed?

More interesting: how likely is the source to change, and what are the
general guidelines associated with such a change?

Cheers,
Gavin