Re: Slightly overenthusiastic redirect, or, where's the docs build log? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Slightly overenthusiastic redirect, or, where's the docs build log?
Date
Re: Slightly overenthusiastic redirect, or, where's the docs build log?  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
List pgsql-www
On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 17:28, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:

> On 12/11/2011 09:16 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 17:56, Tom Lane<tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>  wrote:
>>>
>>> http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/buildlog.html
>>> now redirects to the docs themselves.  While this is possibly not
>>> worth fixing, I'd sure like to know where the build log is now.
>>
>> It's on the buildfarm animal guaibasaurus. So for example
>>
>> http://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_stage_log.pl?nm=guaibasaurus&dt=2011-12-11%2000%3A03%3A01&stg=make-doc
>>
>> I haven't figured out if there is a way to make a link to "stage
>> make-doc on the latest repotr on this buildfarm animal" - the one
>> above is just the one that happened to be the latest one when I
>> checked it. Andrew - can that be done?
>>

> It can now :-)

Great ,thanks!

> I added in a gadget to let you specify "latest" as the snapshot:
> <http://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_stage_log.pl?nm=guaibasaurus&dt=latest&stg=make-doc>

Ok, i've added a link to the website under developers again.

> This defaults to the latest on HEAD where there is a log with the specified
> name, but for completeness you can also specify a branch name with the
> "branch" query param. For the sake of efficiency it doesn't search back more
> than 30 days, but that should be way more than enough.
>
> Note that this selects the latest log for the stage whether or not it was a
> success, so it might not correspond to what's on developer docs, as that
> should never get an unsuccessful build. But that's probably what you want
> anyway :-)

Yes, I'm pretty sure that's what we want.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/