Re: CREATE IF NOT EXISTS INDEX - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marti Raudsepp
Subject Re: CREATE IF NOT EXISTS INDEX
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 4:17 AM, Fabrízio de Royes Mello
<fabriziomello@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 5, 2014 at 9:52 AM, Marti Raudsepp <marti@juffo.org> wrote:
>> CREATE INDEX ... [ IF NOT EXISTS name | name ] ON ...
>>
>> Maybe I'm just slow, but it took me a few minutes to understand what
>> this means. :)
>
> Well, I try to show that "IF NOT EXISTS" require the "name". Is this wrong?

No, I'm sorry, you misunderstood me. It was totally correct before, it
just wasn't easy to understand at first.

> CREATE INDEX ... [ IF NOT EXISTS [ name ] ] ON ...

I think this one is wrong now. It suggests these are valid syntaxes:
CREATE INDEX ... ON ...
CREATE INDEX ... IF NOT EXISTS ON ... <-- wrong
CREATE INDEX ... IF NOT EXISTS name ON ...

Regards,
Marti