Re: Changing pg_dump default file format - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Harold Giménez
Subject Re: Changing pg_dump default file format
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 7:01 PM, Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

(a) Lots of people only upgrade every two, three, or even more major
versions. I'm dealing with clients on 8.3, and people still pop up on
Stack Overflow with 8.1 sometimes! These people don't ever see the
deprecated phase.

Interesting that they'd never update their clients either. I guess if that's true
there's a mentality of if it ain't broke don't fix it going on here.

Would they read change logs before upgrading, or just cross their fingers?

(b) People routinely ignore cron job output. Even important job output.
They won't see the messages, and won't act on them if they do until
something actually breaks.

How common is this?