Re: Commit fest 2022-11 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ian Lawrence Barwick
Subject Re: Commit fest 2022-11
Date
List pgsql-hackers
2022年11月14日(月) 22:23 James Coleman <jtc331@gmail.com>:

> On Mon, Nov 14, 2022 at 7:08 AM Ian Lawrence Barwick <barwick@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > 2022年11月9日(水) 8:12 Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com>:
> > > If my script is not wrong, these patches add TAP tests, but don't update
> > > the requisite ./meson.build file.  It seems like it'd be reasonable to
> > > set them all as WOA until that's done.
> > >
> > > $ for a in `git branch -a |sort |grep commitfest/40`; do : echo "$a..."; x=`git log -1 --compact-summary "$a"`;
echo"$x" |grep '/t/.*pl.*new' >/dev/null || continue; echo "$x" |grep -Fw meson >/dev/null && continue; git log -1
--oneline"$a"; done
> > > ... [CF 40/3558] Allow file inclusion in pg_hba and pg_ident files
> > > ... [CF 40/3628] Teach pg_waldump to extract FPIs from the WAL stream
> > > ... [CF 40/3646] Skip replicating the tables specified in except table option
> > > ... [CF 40/3663] Switching XLog source from archive to streaming when primary available
> > > ... [CF 40/3670] pg_rewind: warn when checkpoint hasn't happened after promotion
> > > ... [CF 40/3729] Testing autovacuum wraparound
> > > ... [CF 40/3877] vacuumlo: add test to vacuumlo for test coverage
> > > ... [CF 40/3985] TDE key management patches
> >
> > Looks like your script is correct, will update accordingly.
> >

> It's possible this has been discussed before, but it seems less than
> ideal to have notifications about moving to WOA be sent only in a bulk
> email hanging off the "current CF" email chain as opposed to being
> sent to the individual threads. Perhaps that's something the app
> should do for us in this situation. Without that though the patch
> authors are left to wade through unrelated discussion, and, probably
> more importantly, the patch discussion thread doesn't show the current
> state (I think bumping there is more likely to prompt activity as
> well).

FWIW I've been manually "bumping" the respective threads, which is somewhat
time-consuming but seems to have been quite productive in terms of getting
patches updated.

Will do same for the above once I've confirmed what is being requested,
(which I presume is adding the new tests to the 'tests' array in the respective
"meson.build" file; just taking the opportunity to familiariize myself with it).

Regards

Ian Barwick