Re: Commit fest 2022-11 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From James Coleman
Subject Re: Commit fest 2022-11
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 14, 2022 at 7:08 AM Ian Lawrence Barwick <barwick@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2022年11月9日(水) 8:12 Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com>:
> > If my script is not wrong, these patches add TAP tests, but don't update
> > the requisite ./meson.build file.  It seems like it'd be reasonable to
> > set them all as WOA until that's done.
> >
> > $ for a in `git branch -a |sort |grep commitfest/40`; do : echo "$a..."; x=`git log -1 --compact-summary "$a"`;
echo"$x" |grep '/t/.*pl.*new' >/dev/null || continue; echo "$x" |grep -Fw meson >/dev/null && continue; git log -1
--oneline"$a"; done
> > ... [CF 40/3558] Allow file inclusion in pg_hba and pg_ident files
> > ... [CF 40/3628] Teach pg_waldump to extract FPIs from the WAL stream
> > ... [CF 40/3646] Skip replicating the tables specified in except table option
> > ... [CF 40/3663] Switching XLog source from archive to streaming when primary available
> > ... [CF 40/3670] pg_rewind: warn when checkpoint hasn't happened after promotion
> > ... [CF 40/3729] Testing autovacuum wraparound
> > ... [CF 40/3877] vacuumlo: add test to vacuumlo for test coverage
> > ... [CF 40/3985] TDE key management patches
>
> Looks like your script is correct, will update accordingly.
>
> Do we have a FAQ/checklist of meson things to consider for patches anywhere?

It's possible this has been discussed before, but it seems less than
ideal to have notifications about moving to WOA be sent only in a bulk
email hanging off the "current CF" email chain as opposed to being
sent to the individual threads. Perhaps that's something the app
should do for us in this situation. Without that though the patch
authors are left to wade through unrelated discussion, and, probably
more importantly, the patch discussion thread doesn't show the current
state (I think bumping there is more likely to prompt activity as
well).

James Coleman