Re: List of all* PostgreSQL EXTENSIONs in the world - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ian Lawrence Barwick
Subject Re: List of all* PostgreSQL EXTENSIONs in the world
Date
Re: List of all* PostgreSQL EXTENSIONs in the world  ("Joel Jacobson" <joel@compiler.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
2022年2月11日(金) 5:19 Joel Jacobson <joel@compiler.org>:

> Hi hackers,
>
> I've compiled a list of all* PostgreSQL EXTENSIONs in the world:
>
> https://gist.github.com/joelonsql/e5aa27f8cc9bd22b8999b7de8aee9d47
>
> *) It's not all, but 1041, compared to the 338 found on PGXN.

More precisely it's a list of all? the repositories with PostgreSQL
extensions on
GitHub?

FWIW I see a few of mine on there, which are indeed PostgreSQL extensions,
but for are also mostly just random, mainly unmaintained non-production-ready
code I've dumped on GitHub in the unlikely event it's of any interest.

The only one I consider of possible general, viable use (and which is available
as part of the community packaging infrastructure) is also listed on PGXN.

OTOH not everything is on GitHub; PostGIS comes to mind.

> Maybe it would be an idea to provide a lightweight solution,
> e.g. maintaining a simple curated list of repo urls,
> published at postgresql.org or wiki.postgresql.org,
> with a simple form allowing missing repos to be suggested for insertion?

The wiki sounds like a good starting point, assuming someone is willing to
create/curate/maintain the list. It would need weeding out of any
extensions which
are inactive/unmaintained, duplicates/copies/forks (e.g. I see three
instances of
blackhole_fdw listed, but not the original repo, which is not even on
GitHub) etc..

Regards

Ian Barwick

--