Re: List of all* PostgreSQL EXTENSIONs in the world - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joel Jacobson
Subject Re: List of all* PostgreSQL EXTENSIONs in the world
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Feb 11, 2022, at 01:22, Ian Lawrence Barwick wrote:
> More precisely it's a list of all? the repositories with PostgreSQL
> extensions on
> GitHub?

Yes, the ambition is to list all repos at GitHub, and to manually add repos hosted at GitLab and other places.

> OTOH not everything is on GitHub; PostGIS comes to mind.

I've created a new category, "Spatial and Geographic Objects",
and added PostGIS and all other PostGIS-related extensions to it.

(The reason why it wasn't found automatically is because there is no .control-file is the root dir,
and its Makefile didn't contain a PGXS line.)

> The wiki sounds like a good starting point, assuming someone is willing to
> create/curate/maintain the list. It would need weeding out of any
> extensions which
> are inactive/unmaintained, duplicates/copies/forks

I agree, it needs to be curated, lots of noise.
I'm working on it, hopefully others will join in.

> (e.g. I see three
> instances of
> blackhole_fdw listed, but not the original repo, which is not even on
> GitHub) etc..

Thanks, I've fixed blackhole_fdw manually:

- https://bitbucket.org/adunstan/blackhole_fdw
    - https://github.com/chenquanzhao/blackhole_fdw

/Joel