basic debugging question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Frankel
Subject basic debugging question
Date
Re: basic debugging question  (Tino Wildenhain <tino@wildenhain.de>)
Re: basic debugging question  (Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>)
Re: basic debugging question  (Scott Frankel <leknarf@pacbell.net>)
List pgsql-general
I'm attempting to debug a script that should perform a simple INSERT of
values,
but for some reason doesn't.  The insert appears to occur without
error, printing
"INSERT 18015 1 upon completion."  Nonetheless, no data values appear
to be
added to the table when queried in psql.

Questions:

- What does the status msg, "INSERT 18015 1," refer to?

- What is this output called?  (So I can search the documentation for
it.)

- Is there something clever I can access -- besides this list ;) -- so
I can
   peek inside INSERT 18015 1 to see what pgres is thinking about?

Note that when I perform the INSERT by hand in psql, the row of data is
entered
without incident.

Thanks in advance!
Scott