Re: [HACKERS] A design for amcheck heapam verification - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: [HACKERS] A design for amcheck heapam verification
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 2:54 PM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:
> My understanding of your earlier remarks, rightly or wrongly, was that
> you wanted me to adopt the Bloom filter to actually be usable from SQL
> in some kind of general way. As opposed to what I just said -- adding
> a stub SQL interface that simply invokes the test harness, with all
> the heavy lifting taking place in C code.
>
> Obviously these are two very different things. I'm quite happy to add
> the test harness.

Quote from this email:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAB7nPqSUKppzvNSHY1OM_TdSj0UE18xNFCrOwPC3E8svq7Mb_Q%40mail.gmail.com

> One first thing striking me is that there is no test for this
> implementation, which would be a base stone for other things, it would
> be nice to validate that things are working properly before moving on
> with 0002, and 0001 is a feature on its own. I don't think that it
> would be complicated to have a small module in src/test/modules which
> plugs in a couple of SQL functions on top of bloomfilter.h.

My apologies if this sounded like having a set of SQL functions in
core, I meant a test suite from the beginning with an extension
creating the interface or such.
--
Michael