Re: Review of Refactoring code for sync node detection - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Review of Refactoring code for sync node detection
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 6:33 PM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
Can we just wait on this patch until we have the whole feature?
Well, this may take some time to even define, and even if goals are clearly defined this may take even more time to have a prototype to discuss about.

We quite often break larger patches down into smaller ones, but if
they arrive in lots of small pieces its more difficult to understand
and correct issues that are happening on the larger scale. Churning
the same piece of code multiple times is rather mind numbing.
Hm. I think that we are losing ourselves in this thread. The primary goal is to remove a code duplication between syncrep.c and walsender,c that exists since 9.1. Would it be possible to focus only on that for now? That's still the topic of this CF.
--
Michael