Re: proposal: plpgsql - Assert statement - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Petr Jelinek
Subject Re: proposal: plpgsql - Assert statement
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 18/11/14 22:11, Pavel Stehule wrote:

> <mailto:andrew@dunslane.net>>:
>

>     I frequently write one-statement bodies of IF statements. To me
>     that's not a big deal either :-)
>

> anybody did it, but it doesn't need so it is perfect :) I understand
> well to Jim' feeling.
>
> I am looking to Ada 2005 language ... a design of RAISE WITH shows so
> RAISE statement is extensible in Ada too. Sure - we can live without it,
> but I don't think so we do some wrong with introduction RAISE WHEN and I
> am sure, so a live with this feature can be more fun for someone, who
> intensive use this pattern.

Personally, I see this as natural extension of the conditional block
control which we already have for loops with CONTINUE WHEN and EXIT
WHEN. This basically extends it to any block and it seems quite natural
to have it for me...

Services