Re: proposal: plpgsql - Assert statement - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: proposal: plpgsql - Assert statement
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 18 November 2014 21:19, Petr Jelinek <petr@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> Personally, I see this as natural extension of the conditional block control
> which we already have for loops with CONTINUE WHEN and EXIT WHEN. This
> basically extends it to any block and it seems quite natural to have it for
> me...

That's a reasonable argument to include it.

I seem to share the same opinion with Andrew: its not going to hurt to
include this, but its not gonna cause dancing in the streets either. I
would characterize that as 2 very neutral and unimpressed people, plus
3 in favour. Which seems enough to commit.

Perhaps I misunderstand, Andrew?

Any objectors, say so now or I will commit tomorrow.