Re: [HACKERS] logical replication and PANIC during shutdowncheckpoint in publisher - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: [HACKERS] logical replication and PANIC during shutdowncheckpoint in publisher
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 5:33 PM, Pavan Deolasee <pavan.deolasee@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 10:56 AM, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, May 3, 2017 at 12:25 AM, Peter Eisentraut

>> > That's my hope.
>>
>> The only code path doing HOT-pruning and generating WAL is
>> heap_page_prune(). Do you think that we need to worry about FPWs as
>> well?
>

> IMO the check should go inside heap_page_prune_opt(). Do we need to worry
> about wal_log_hints or checksums producing WAL because of hint bit updates?
> While I haven't read the thread, I am assuming if HOT pruning can happen,
> surely hint bits can get set too.

Yeah, that's as well what I am worrying about. Experts of logical
decoding will correct me, but it seems to me that we have to cover all
the cases where heap scans can generate WAL.
--
Michael