Re: [HACKERS] logical replication and PANIC during shutdowncheckpoint in publisher - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavan Deolasee
Subject Re: [HACKERS] logical replication and PANIC during shutdowncheckpoint in publisher
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 10:56 AM, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, May 3, 2017 at 12:25 AM, Peter Eisentraut

>>> Can we prevent HOT pruning during logical decoding?
>>
>> It does not sound much difficult to do, couldn't you just make it a
>> no-op with am_walsender?
>
> That's my hope.

The only code path doing HOT-pruning and generating WAL is
heap_page_prune(). Do you think that we need to worry about FPWs as
well?

IMO the check should go inside heap_page_prune_opt(). Do we need to worry about wal_log_hints or checksums producing WAL because of hint bit updates? While I haven't read the thread, I am assuming if HOT pruning can happen, surely hint bits can get set too.

Thanks,
Pavan