Re: BUG #13780: Multiple commands not allowed for creating a policy. - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: BUG #13780: Multiple commands not allowed for creating a policy.
Date
Re: BUG #13780: Multiple commands not allowed for creating a policy.  (Caleb Meredith <calebmeredith8@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-bugs
On Sun, Nov 22, 2015 at 10:23 PM, <calebmeredith8@gmail.com> wrote:

> This doesn't seem to be intended as the GRANT specification allows it, and
> CREATE POLICY supports the ALL command.

Yeah, I would tend to agree that the existence of ALL contradicts the
expression constraints that are in place when defining a non-ALL policy as
we could basically ignore either the WITH CHECK or USING clauses defined in
a policy defined depending on the DML or SELECT command used. To be more
exact, for example with an ALL policy that has both a WITH CHECK and USING
defined, we would ignore the USING clause with an INSERT query, right? We
are in beta2 state now, so I don't think anything is going to change, but
Stephen, your thoughts perhaps?
--
Michael