Applying XLR_INFO_MASK correctly when looking at WAL record information - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Applying XLR_INFO_MASK correctly when looking at WAL record information
Date
Re: Applying XLR_INFO_MASK correctly when looking at WAL record information  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hi all,

I have just been trapped by the fact that in some code paths we look
at the RMGR information of a WAL record (record->xl_info) but the
filter dedicated to it, ~XLR_INFO_MASK, is not applied. This is
harmful now, but this could lead to problems if in the future new
record-level flags, similar to XLR_SPECIAL_REL_UPDATE, are added.
Disclaimer: I am looking at a patch where a record-level flag makes
sense, still this looks like a separate problem.

What about the patch attached to make things more consistent?
Thanks,
--
Michael

Attachment