Re: Way to access LSN (for each transaction) by directly talking to postgres? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Way to access LSN (for each transaction) by directly talking to postgres?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 3:02 AM, Joshua Bay <joshuabay93@gmail.com> wrote:
> Could you please tell me how I can get LSN of each transaction at decoder
> plugin?

Craig already gave you hints, but here are more. You will need to hack
your own plugin. You could just use the one in contrib/test_decoding,
remove most of its code, and use the commit callback to issue the LSN
you are interested in. Note as well that when using
pg_logical_slot_peek_changes or pg_logical_slot_get_changes, you can
get a LSN location. Using test_decoding as a base, that's not a
complicated effort.
--
Michael