Re: Lossy Index Tuple Enhancement (LITE) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Lossy Index Tuple Enhancement (LITE)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Aug  4, 2016 at 01:16:20AM +0100, Simon Riggs wrote:
> > Would you only add a LITE index entry when there isn't an
> > existing index entry for the same values and heap page?  That seems
> > quite complicated.
>
> The insertion algorithm is described. Doesn't seem complicated to me.

Ah, I see it now:
As UPDATEs occur we request inserts into the index. If a lossy indexpointer already exists that covers the new
linepointerthen we skipthe index insert, optimizing writes to the index.

I thought you meant "already exists" just means it matches the existing
range.  I was unclear that was the entire page.

http://enterprisedb.com