pg_regress not waiting for postmaster to stop - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject pg_regress not waiting for postmaster to stop
Date
Re: pg_regress not waiting for postmaster to stop  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: pg_regress not waiting for postmaster to stop  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hi all,

In pg_regress.c, there is the following code:
static void
stop_postmaster(void)
{
        if (postmaster_running)
        {
                /* We use pg_ctl to issue the kill and wait for stop */
                char            buf[MAXPGPATH * 2];
                int                     r;

                /* On Windows, system() seems not to force fflush, so... */
                fflush(stdout);
                fflush(stderr);

                snprintf(buf, sizeof(buf),
                                 "\"%s%spg_ctl\" stop -D \"%s/data\"
-w -s -m fast",
                                 bindir ? bindir : "",
                                 bindir ? "/" : "",
                                 temp_instance);

Except if I am missing something, the comment mentions that we should
wait for the stop but there is no -w switch in the command of pg_ctl.
Doesn't the patch attached make sense?
Regards
--
Michael