Re: pg_regress not waiting for postmaster to stop - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_regress not waiting for postmaster to stop
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Except if I am missing something, the comment mentions that we should
> wait for the stop but there is no -w switch in the command of pg_ctl.
> Doesn't the patch attached make sense?

Per pg_ctl's help output:

(The default is to wait for shutdown, but not for start or restart.)

So -w is already the default in a stop call.  Perhaps it would be worth
adding it for documentation's sake, but there's no bug here AFAICS.