Re: moving from contrib to bin - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: moving from contrib to bin
Date
Re: moving from contrib to bin  (Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 11:30 PM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Michael Paquier wrote:
>
>> And here is an updated patch following those lines. Similarly to the
>> things in contrib/, a set of variables are used to define for each
>> module what are the extra libraries, include dirs, etc. This refactors
>> quite a bit of code, even if there are a couple of exceptions like
>> pg_xlogdump/ or pg_basebackup/.
>
> In a broad look, this looks a lot better.  I think we should press
> forward with this whole set of patches and see what the buildfarm
> thinks.
Here is a new series of patches for all those things, with the
following additions:
- Some cleanup for MSVC scripts compared to last patch
- Moved documentation to ref/
- Removed mention to the authors of the utilities moved (?)
This set of patches is basically made of the former set, with 2
additional patches for MSVC stuff and documentation pages moved to
ref/.
Regards,
--
Michael