Re: moving from contrib to bin - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: moving from contrib to bin
Date
Re: moving from contrib to bin
Re: moving from contrib to bin
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

FWIW, I find it rather annoying if people attach patchsets as
tarballs. That makes it impossible to look at them in the mailreader
since I really don't have anything reasonable to go on to teach it to
treat it as a set of patches.

I'd also like to see patches that primarily move code around as git diff
-M -C style diffs (can also be passed to format-patch). That will show
the file move and then additionally the changes that have been made in
addition to the rename. There's no sane way the current diffs can be
reviewed without applying them to a tree.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services