Re: Dump pageinspect to 1.2: page_header with pg_lsn datatype - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Dump pageinspect to 1.2: page_header with pg_lsn datatype
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 10:02 AM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> While we're messing with this, I wonder if there's any way to have
> infomask and infomask2 displayed in hex format rather than plain int
> without having to specify that in every query.  I'm not well known for
> being able to do such conversions off the top of my head ...
Something like calling DirectFunctionCall1 with to_hex and return the
infomask fields as text values instead of integers? This looks
straight-forward.

> (Not that it's this patch' responsibility to do that.)
Definitely a different patch.

Don't you think that this would break existing applications? I see
more flexibility to keep them as they are now, as integers, users can
always tune their queries to do this post-processing with to_hex for
them as they've (always?) been doing.
--
Michael