Re: Option to not use ringbuffer in VACUUM, using it in failsafe mode - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Rowley
Subject Re: Option to not use ringbuffer in VACUUM, using it in failsafe mode
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 20 Mar 2023 at 11:50, Melanie Plageman
<melanieplageman@gmail.com> wrote:
> Attached is an updated v6.

I had a look over the v6-0001 patch.  There are a few things I think
could be done better:

"Some operations will access a large number of pages at a time", does
this really need "at a time"? I think it's more relevant that the
operation uses a large number of pages.

Missing <firstterm> around Buffer Access Strategy.

Various things could be linked to other sections of the glossary, e.g.
pages could link to glossary-data-page, shared buffers could link to
glossary-shared-memory and WAL could link to glossary-wal.

The final paragraph should have <command> tags around the various
commands that you list.

I have adjusted those and slightly reworded a few other things. See
the attached .diff which can be applied atop of v6-0001.

David

Attachment