Re: pgbench - allow to create partitioned tables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: pgbench - allow to create partitioned tables
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 3, 2020 at 3:24 PM Peter Eisentraut

> The documentation and pgbench --help output that accompanied this patch
> claims that the argument to pgbench --partition-method is optional and
> defaults to "range", but that is not actually the case, as the
> implementation requires an argument.  Could you please sort this out?

AFAICS, if the user omits this argument, then the default is range as
specified in docs.  I tried by using something like 'pgbench.exe -i -s
1 --partitions=2 postgres' and then run 'pgbench -S postgres'.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.