Re: Logical replication timeout problem - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: Logical replication timeout problem
Date
RE: Logical replication timeout problem  ("wangw.fnst@fujitsu.com" <wangw.fnst@fujitsu.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Mar 22, 2022 at 7:25 AM wangw.fnst@fujitsu.com
<wangw.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> Attach the new patch.

It seems by mistake you have removed the changes from pgoutput_message
and pgoutput_truncate functions. I have added those back.
Additionally, I made a few other changes: (a) moved the function
UpdateProgress to pgoutput.c as it is not used outside it, (b) change
the new parameter in plugin API from 'send_keep_alive' to 'last_write'
to make it look similar to WalSndPrepareWrite and WalSndWriteData, (c)
made a number of changes in WalSndUpdateProgress API, it is better to
move keep-alive code after lag track code because we do process
replies at that time and there it will compute the lag; (d)
changed/added comments in the code.

Do let me know what you think of the attached?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

Attachment