Re: [HACKERS] Block level parallel vacuum - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Block level parallel vacuum
Date
Re: [HACKERS] Block level parallel vacuum  (Masahiko Sawada <masahiko.sawada@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Nov 29, 2019 at 7:11 PM Masahiko Sawada
<masahiko.sawada@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Nov 2019 at 11:57, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > I think it is probably because this part of the code doesn't consider
> > PARALLEL_VACUUM_DISABLE_LEADER_PARTICIPATION.  I think if we want we
> > can change it but I am slightly nervous about the code complexity this
> > will bring but maybe that is fine.
>
> Right. I'll try to change so that.

I am thinking that as PARALLEL_VACUUM_DISABLE_LEADER_PARTICIPATION is
a debugging/testing facility, we should ideally separate this out from
the main patch.  BTW, I am hacking/reviewing the patch further, so
request you to wait for a few day's time before we do anything in this
regard.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.