Re: [bug fix] Memory leak in dblink - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: [bug fix] Memory leak in dblink
Date
Re: [bug fix] Memory leak in dblink  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 6:37 PM, MauMau <maumau307@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've fixed and tested a memory leak bug in dblink.  Could you review and commit this?  I'll add this to the CommitFest shortly.

Is there a need to free memory context in PG_CATCH()?
In error path the memory due to this temporary context will get
freed as it will delete the transaction context and this
temporary context will definitely be in the hierarchy of it, so
it should also get deleted.  I think such handling can be
useful incase we use PG_CATCH() to suppress the error.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.