Re: Command Triggers, patch v11 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thom Brown
Subject Re: Command Triggers, patch v11
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 6 March 2012 21:04, Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri@2ndquadrant.fr> wrote:
>>> [CASCADE will not run the command triggers for cascaded objects]
>> If these are all expected, does it in any way compromise the
>> effectiveness of DDL triggers in major use-cases?
>
> I don't think so.  When replicating the replica will certainly drop the
> same set of dependent objects, for example.  Auditing is another story.
> Do we want to try having cascaded object support in drop commands?

I wasn't sure if auditing was one of the rationale behind the feature
or not.  If it is, it presents a major problem.  How does the replica
know that the objects were dropped?

Thanks for the updated patch and the quick turnaround time.  I'll give
it another review.

--
Thom