Re: Handing off SLRU fsyncs to the checkpointer - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: Handing off SLRU fsyncs to the checkpointer
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 8:50 PM Jakub Wartak <Jakub.Wartak@tomtom.com> wrote:
> - IO_URING - gives a lot of promise here I think, is it even planned to be shown for PgSQL14 cycle ? Or it's more
likePgSQL15?

I can't answer that, but I've played around with the prototype quite a
bit, and thought quite a lot about how to port it to systems without
IO_URING, and I'm just as keen to see this happen as you are.

In the meantime, from the low-hanging-fruit department, here's a new
version of the SLRU-fsync-offload patch.  The only changes are a
tweaked commit message, and adoption of C99 designated initialisers
for the function table, so { [SYNC_HANDLER_CLOG] = ... } instead of
relying on humans to make the array order match the enum values.  If
there are no comments or objections, I'm planning to commit this quite
soon.

Attachment