Re: Proposal of new PostgreSQL Extension - PGSpiderExt - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: Proposal of new PostgreSQL Extension - PGSpiderExt
Date
List pgsql-hackers

so 19. 9. 2020 v 0:42 odesílatel Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> napsal:
On Wed, Sep 16, 2020 at 05:40:30PM +0200, Pavel Stehule wrote:
>     May be I am wrong, but it seems to me that not so much people know about
>     pgxn.org
>     Before writing this mail I have tried to locate such resource in Google and
>     didn't succeed.
>
> yes, It is not strongly joined with the Postgres community, and it doesn't
> deploy binary (compiled) code if I know it. So for some people it is not
> usable.
>
> But anytime this and similar repositories will have problems, because the
> extensions there are not reviewed, nobody did security check, nobody did QA.
>
> This is useful for Postgres developers, for very advanced users, or for very
> fearless users :).

I think if PGXN had more must-have extensions, its popularity would
increase.

There is nothing else.  But it can be much more useful, if somebody does review, or if allows compilation to target platform on server side, if has integrated tests, ...

Regards

Pavel

--
  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>        https://momjian.us