Re: Corruption during WAL replay - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: Corruption during WAL replay
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 25, 2022 at 3:14 PM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> On 2022-03-24 21:22:38 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > serinus is 0-for-3 since then, and dragonet 0-for-4, so we can be pretty
> > confident that the failure is repeatable for them.
>
> That's weird. They run on the same host, but otherwise they have very little
> in common. There's plenty other animals running on the same machine that
> didn't report errors.

One random thing I've noticed about serinus is that it seems to drop
UDP packets more than others, but dragonet apparently doesn't:

tmunro=> select animal, count(*) from run where result = 'FAILURE' and
'stats' = any(fail_tests) and snapshot > now() - interval '3 month'
group by 1 order by 2 desc;
    animal    | count
 serinus      |    14
 flaviventris |     6