Re: Corruption during WAL replay - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Corruption during WAL replay
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2022-03-24 21:59:08 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Another thing that seems quite baffling, but is becoming clearer by
> the hour, is that only serinus and dragonet are seeing this failure.
> How is that?  They're not very similarly configured --- one is gcc,
> one clang, and one uses jit and one doesn't.  They do share the same
> perl version, 5.34.0; but so do twenty-three other animals, many of
> which have reported in cleanly.  I'm at a loss to explain that.
> Andres, can you think of anything that's peculiar to those two
> animals?

No, I'm quite baffled myself. As I noted in an email I just sent, before
reading this one, I can't explain it, and at least in simple attempts, can't
reproduce it either. And there are animals much closer to each other than
those two...

I forced a run while writing the other email, with keep_error_whatnot, and I
just saw it failing... Looking whether there's anything interesting to glean.

Greetings,

Andres Freund