Re: [HACKERS] pg_dump ignoring information_schema tables which usedin Create Publication. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: [HACKERS] pg_dump ignoring information_schema tables which usedin Create Publication.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 5:06 PM, Peter Eisentraut
> They are the same cases.
>
> a) Create object in information_schema.
>
> b) Create another object elsewhere that depends on it.
>
> c) pg_dump will dump (b) but not (a).
>
> So the fix, if any, would be to prevent (a), or prevent (b), or fix (c).

I guess I'm not convinced that it's really the same.  I think we want
to allow users to create views over system objects; our life might be
easier if we hadn't permitted that, but views over e.g. pg_locks are
common, and prohibiting them doesn't seem like a reasonable choice.
I'm less clear that we want to let them publish system objects.  Aside
from the pg_dump issues, does it work?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company