Re: Minimal logical decoding on standbys - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Minimal logical decoding on standbys
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Dec 20, 2022 at 1:19 PM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> I don't understand what the "may*" or "*Possible" really are
> about. snapshotConflictHorizon is a conflict with a certain xid - there
> commonly won't be anything to conflict with. If there's a conflict in
> the logical-decoding-on-standby case, we won't be able to apply it only
> sometimes or such.

The way I was imagining it is that snapshotConflictHorizon tells us
whether there is a conflict with this record and then, if there is,
this new Boolean tells us whether it's relevant to logical decoding as
well.

> How about "affectsLogicalDecoding", "conflictsWithSlots" or
> "isCatalogRel" or such?

isCatalogRel seems fine to me.

--
Robert Haas