Re: Minimal logical decoding on standbys - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Minimal logical decoding on standbys
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Dec 14, 2022 at 12:48 PM Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> No?

Nope, I was wrong. The block reference data is stored in the WAL
record *before* the main data, so it was wrong to imagine (as I did)
that the alignment of the main data would affect the alignment of the
block data. If anything, it's the other way around. That means that
the only records where this patch could conceivably cause a problem
are those where something is stored in the main data after the main
struct. And there aren't many of those, because an awful lot of record
types have moved to using the block data.

I'm going to go through all the record types one by one before
commenting further.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com