Re: initdb: Improve error recovery. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: initdb: Improve error recovery.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 7:28 AM, Mats Erik Andersson <bsd@gisladisker.se> wrote:
> I would like to improve error recovery of initdb when the
> password file is empty. The present code declares "Error 0"
> as the cause of failure. It suffices to use ferrer() since
> fgets() returns NULL also at a premature EOF.
>
> In addition, a minor case is the need of a line feed in
> order to print the error message on a line of its own
> seems desirable.
>
> Best regards,
>   Mats Erik Andersson

Please add your patch here so that it doesn't get forgotten about:

https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/commitfest_view/open

Also, note that the PostgreSQL project prefers for patches to be
attached rather than inline, as mailers have a tendency to mangle
them.

Thanks,

--
Robert Haas