Re: test_shm_mq failing on mips* - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christoph Berg
Subject Re: test_shm_mq failing on mips*
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Re: Robert Haas 2014-12-02 <CA+Tgmoa9HE=1GObU7MKuGLDBjBNSNRW0bDE4P3JA=P=9mqGgqw@mail.gmail.com>
> I can't tell from this exactly what's going wrong.  Questions:
>
> 1. Are there any background worker processes running at the same time?
>  If so, how many?  We'd expect to see 3.
> 2. Can we printout of the following variables in stack frame 3
> (test_shm_mq_pipelined)?  send_count, loop_count, *outqh, *inqh,
> inqh->mqh_queue[0], outqh->mqh_queue[0]
> 3. What does a backtrace of each background worker process look like?
> If they are stuck inside copy_messages(), can you print *outqh, *inqh,
> inqh->mqh_queue[0], outqh->mqh_queue[0] from that stack frame?
>
> Sorry for the hassle; I just don't have a better idea how to debug this.

No problem, I'm aware this isn't an easy target.

I didn't have access to the build env myself, I'm not sure if I can
find someone to retry the test there. I'll let you know when I have
more data, but that will take a while (if at all :-/).

Christoph
--
cb@df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/