Re: BUG #6706: pg_upgrade fails when plpgsql dropped/re-created - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: BUG #6706: pg_upgrade fails when plpgsql dropped/re-created
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 9:32 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:

>> > Applied and back-patched to 9.2.
>>
>> I do not believe that this patch fixes the problem, and I also believe
>> that it creates new problems.  Please revert.
>
> I asked for an explaination of the problem, but received no reply:
>
>         http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2012-07/msg00005.php
>
> so I assumed you were fine with it.  Please explain.  Does anyone else
> understand the problem Tom is seeing?

Well, the part I understood was that your fix apparently does not
guarantee to restore plpgsql to the state it was in, just to restore
it to existence.  But previous complaints about similar issues have
fallen on deaf ears (see bug #5184).  Perhaps Tom has had a change of
heart, but if so we have a few things to fix, not just this one.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company